Sunday, November 24, 2013

Once Upon a Vine

I try not to let myself be swayed by pretty wine labels. But I was browsing for a new-to-me sauvignon blanc anyway, and I saw that this alluring brand came with a $3 off coupon if one purchased at least $3.01 in produce. Into my cart it went, along with the apples, bananas, and lettuce I needed.


November 2013: Lost Slipper Sauvignon Blanc
Photo by Sarah Cloud Peterson

Once Upon a Vine: Lost Slipper Sauvignon Blanc. "Smooth and delicate as a glass slipper," reads its label. "...our Sauvignon Blanc will...get your taste buds dancing with its fresh, bright flavors of sweet white peach, luscious nectarine, and lemon chiffon icing."

It is indeed a sauvignon blanc on the sweeter end, more like a Riesling experience, at least to my dilettante taste buds. It's not a buy-again for me, but I will certainly try to conserve the pretty pretty label. I'm off to Google how to remove it intact.

5 comments:

  1. I've been tempted by that same label (only in the red wine section).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, H.N.! I've admired the red labels, too, but I'm just not drinking reds much anymore -- too much chance of headache and insomnia.

      If you do acquire a bottle, I found that the "heat the emptied bottle in a 350 F oven for 10 minutes method" worked all right. The label was attached across 100% of its surface with a glue that became more of a sticky-gum upon heating -- so I could carefully, slowly peel the label away and flatten it on a piece of waxed paper. I've still had to flatten it further in a cookbook, though.

      Delete
  2. You are way more industrious than I would be to get at the label. I would keep the bottle and put flowers in it, likely.

    How's the "Dark Entries" assignment coming? Mine is coming slowly, but I've some ideas for it. I think we can do the "Night Photography" simultaneously - I've changed my mind about winter being a bad time for it. It's actually a GREAT time for it, because it gets dark earlier, there are lots of lights, and we don't have to stay out so late :)

    Also, I've finally started my etsy store! Still working on the website.

    http://nanotimephotography.etsy.com

    Working out a small issue at the moment - there should be more photo cards in there than prints!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hurray, Nanotime Etsy shop! I've got that Frosty Morning autumn leaf picture favorited, but I'm going to need more than one!

      Dark Entries...I have a few I'm thinking about, just from vacation and life photos over the past couple of months. Nothing that's *really* grabbing at me, though, nothing I hunted out and photographed artfully for the purpose of being a Dark Entry. Unfortunately the Hallowe'en season kind of raced by this year -- I'd had high hopes for that as an inspiration.

      Going to have to give that project more mindspace and timespace after the housecleaning/Thanksgiving rush passes.

      Delete
    2. I can arrange to add more Frosty Morning cards to the shop :) I'm working on some of that this morning, actually.

      Yeah, Dark Entries hasn't been going as well as I thought it would. We can leave it open ended!

      Thanksgiving rush indeed! My in-laws and sister-in-law are here.

      Delete